Thursday, November 19, 2009

Pondering a holy war up in Congress...

Hi y’all!

Guess what?

The Senate released its version of the Health Care Reform bill yesterday!

For real.

I’m serious!

Way (wink).

Mmmhmm, and Senator Hatch (R-UT) responded by saying there was gonna be a “holy war” in Congress.

For real.

I'm serious!

Way.

A holy way in Congress.

Pause…consider…continue.

No, that doesn’t make any sense to a bitch either...a holy way in Congress…isn’t that an oxymoron?

Shouldn’t it be?

Sigh.

A bitch suspects the reason for Hatch’s confusion on whether our nation’s legislative branch of government should indulge in a holy war (or shouldn’t that be a holy civil war?..ouch, there goes that pain in my Afro again!) may have something to do with his decision to introduce the Stupakian abortion ban language for consideration in the Senate’s bill.

I mean, that shit is so bursting with holy sanctified panderific bullshit that a bitch wouldn’t be surprised to learn it was written on church stationary!

Wince.

Pause...speculate…continue.

Ooooh, a bitch can just see it now!

First there will have to be a Mormon bishop versus Catholic bishop battle to determine which will lead the charge ('natch)…and then the winner of that cage fight will get their Crusade on up on the Senate floor…swords swinging, mud caked horse hooves flaying in the air as wild eyed holy warriors sporting full battle armor hack the Senate Health Care Reform bill to pieces in the name of the father, son and holy ghost.

Goodness!

Sounds like great theater...but a bitch has to wonder...while all that holy war drama is going down…

…will the rest of the Senate be getting their legislation on in the name of the people?

Blink.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I know my negativity gets people's panties in a wad but here goes...

All they care about is getting re-elected..ALL. Of. THEM.

Well, a couple of em dont..but 99 percent..that is all they care about.

Rileysdtr said...

I will leave it to the audience as to whether a "Holy War" in Congress is a technical violation of the separation of church and state.... and who's version of Holy? So many of them worship only Mammon anyway.

Jim said...

A "holy war" in Congress, huh?

So now we seem to have a bunch of closeted Muslims in Congress then? I'm just saying.

The hypocrisy in D.C. never ceases to amaze me.

Anonymous said...

A Mormon bishop vs a Catholic bishop...the cheap suit and tie vs. the vestments...the BOM vs. Leviticus...handcarts vs. pitchforks and torches...

This needs to either go on Pay Per View or be made into "Street Fighter 6: The Senate Floor."

Shark-Fu said...

keori...

Doesn't it?

Hell, I DESERVE this program and or PS3 Game after all the drama both of these religious organizations have subjected the masses to!

***logs off to shoot emails to EA Sports and that dude who does Survivor***

dinthebeast said...

Holy war? Can Holy Joe get deployed?

(Whew, I didn't type what I was thinking... that was close)

-Doug in Oakland

Kelley said...

Um, impermissible intermingling of church and State anyone? I was glad to see that the Religious Institute of America released a statement saying, essentially, the legislation of "morality" did constitute an unconstitutional mingling of church and State, and that no one faith (or any faith) should be allowed to influence the discussion.

I'm so sick of old, white males legislating my bodily autonomy.

libhom said...

I think the Mormon and Catholic bishops should mud wrestle...fully clothed, of course.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...