Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Return of the Quizzical – What came first, the frenzy or the tweet?

Lawd, a bitch is tired as hell and bitter about it.

I’ve got too much shit to do.

Get thee gone, exhaustion!

Sigh.

Anyhoo, I started this morning off exploring the wonderful world of Twitter.

Today I encountered a four-tweet batch of information-based speculation from Chucky Todd of NBC News.

One tweet in particular caught my attention…

chucktpolitical Take all "Palin to Iowa" rumors w/grain of salt BUT this IA reporter is plugged into to the state GOP. Perhaps 11/21? http://ping.fm/atZJm

Whatchu talkin’ ‘bout, Charles?

A bitch lives in Missouri…right in the middle, baby…and I don’t remember anyone asking a damn thing about Sarah Palin or Iowa or if her ass was going to be in Iowa in November. My political junkie ass had to Google that shit…and all I found were regional pieces talking about some GOP group that’s begging her to come to Iowa and cast out the demons of ideological uncertainty from their state party.

Yet, Chucky’s tweet makes it seem as if everyone and their dawg has been going WILD to confirm a Palin visit to Iowa…so much so that he felt compelled to provide a good source (Todd’s go-to source on this is…wait for it…The Iowa Republican).

And a bitch can’t help but wonder if this is a case of someone needing to get out of the beltway for a spell ‘cause those District of Columbia fumes are overpowering his ability to judge shit.

Or is Chucky Todd trying to create a frenzy by acting like there is already a frenzy so he can then report on the frenzy?

Blink.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Shark Fu,

I found a new book I think you and the Bitch community would loooooove! It's called SO SUE ME, JACKASS! and it's written by two sisters.

I saw it written about on Slate's Double X blog then i bought it and think it's hilarious.

You should check it out.

Yours in bitchitude,
Gail

Anonymous said...

Me thinks it is the latter. Pretend there is a frenzy"thus creating the news" then "report" on the "news" you created. Isn't that how things work these days?

Valkyrie607 said...

Oh, you know Chuck. It's hard to tell a frenzy from a bingo game when you're cruising at 30,000 feet, which is where all the really important stuff happens.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/radio/2009/07/16/todd/index1.html

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...