Thursday, August 13, 2009

Oakland police are looking for a 5-year-old boy with cerebral palsy

Oakland police are looking for a 5-year-old boy with cerebral palsy who went missing in the city's Rockridge district.

Hassani Campbell was last seen Monday afternoon sitting in the car parked outside a shoe store.

Hassani is black, stands 3-feet-tall and weighs 30 pounds. He was last seen wearing a gray sweatshirt and gray pants.

If you have any information about this missing child please call the Oakland Police Youth Services Division.

7 comments:

J9 said...

I live close enough to Oakland that I should have seen this in the news on Tuesday. It finally showed up in the paper today. We're all keeping a lookout.

Hypatia said...

Oh, poor kiddo. I hope they find him safe, well, and soon.

RachelB said...

Damn. I live within walking distance of that store, which is on a really busy street-- it's really hard for me to believe that Hassani could disappear without someone taking notice.

Mildred said...

Thanks for this. I'm going to post.

D.K. said...

Please, please, please, tell me this child was not left in the car alone.

There are too many incidents where children are left alone, just for a second. Anything can happen in that second.

Praying this child is returned home safely.

David Hickman said...

We agree that missing children don't receive enough attention, particularly children of color.

FYI, we are adding Hassani Campbell to the list of children The Chevrolet Fireball Run Adventurally will be distributing posters for in the Race to Recover America's Missing Children.

Shark-Fu said...

Thank you David!

Please forward information about Race to Recover and I'll post it for my readers.

Send to angryblackbitch@yahoo.com

Thanks!

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...