Saturday, June 06, 2009

Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals…

Red Wings and Penguins @ Detroit with the series tied at 2 games a piece.

C-Money and this bitch scored some soul food yumminess from Sweetie Pie’s for our pre-game dinner.

BBQ and mac & cheese...yum!

The crowd is on fire...loud as a motherfucker on the telly has got to be unreal in person!

Wings scored the only goal in the first period and we are at intermission.

Pause…consider…continue.

Yep, 'tis time for a vodka cran in preparation for the second period.

The some more old time rock ‘em sock ‘em hockey up in the Motor City!

Fantabulous.

Update - Detroit has opened up a vein on the Penguins and is sucking their life blood out on live television! 4 goals in one period...the Penguins have pulled their goalie...and this game is shaping up to be a royal ass whooping of monumental proportions!

Damn!

Theo the sorta-beagle has turned away in horror. Okay, so maybe he's just sleeping...but daaaaamn.

4 comments:

ouyangdan said...

I know you are in St. Louis and all...but this Detroit girl thanks you for these updates, as Korea is sorely lacking in NHL coverage!

Unknown said...

a royal ass whooping of monumental proportions! ~ Sigh...it certainly was Shark Fu, as I watched in horror. Damn Pens! They only had 16 shots half way through the 3rd quarter..wtf dudes?

Rileysdtr said...

Oh, the frustration on those Penguin boys' faces. The "intent to re-injure" slash on Pavel D's foot was simply poor form... (sigh) I so want the Wings to win on home ice, but more than that want them to WIN and close it out Tuesday. I don't think I could take a Game 7!

Peregwyn said...

I was on vacation last week - yay! Just now catching up. I lunched at Sweetie Pie's on 5/30. My goodness that was wonderful. And way too much, I lunched the next day on leftovers.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...