Friday, November 21, 2008

By request – A Bitch’s thoughts on the transition thus far and some other shit…

A certain Rodney from Montreal (city of lights and Smartie-based goodness!!) sent this bitch an email with some requests.

Well Rodney, you asked for it!

Regarding Thanksgiving Preparedness.
Yes, a bitch will post my Thanksgiving preparedness list of needed things and include my recipe for Corn Casserole Yummification.

Gawd, I love food-based holidays!

Regarding the Democratic Caucus forgiving Senator Lieberman.
Hmmm....well, that’s best explored through the musical brilliance of the Dixie Chicks.

I’m not ready to make nice!
I’m not ready to back down!
I’m still mad as hell and I don’t have time to go round and round and round.
It’s too late to make it right!
I probably wouldn’t if I could!
‘Cause I’m mad as hell...can’t bring myself to do what it is you think I should!

Cough.

A bitch gets the logical shit about keeping one’s enemies close, but there’s a difference between monitoring that asshole and handing him his knife back then turning your back on his ass. As for his future vote on critical shit, a bitch has a hard time believing Democrats can count on that shit anymore than they could count on him behaving during the campaign.

Plus there’s the lost opportunity to send a strong message to those who may ponder showing their natural ass in support of The Dark Side in the future…but ‘tis done.

Sigh.

As for my thoughts on the Obama transition thus far…
A bitch must confess that I’ve been a wee bit distracted by the fact that my home state of Missouri took for-fucking-ever to count our General Election votes (for the love of…fuck, fuck and another fuck!!).

We finally finished...and thank Gawd the nation wasn't waiting on us to decide a damn thing...so I promise to be more attentive.

I did notice the development of a theme that the selection of Clinton-era folks for certain positions means that not a damn thing is going to change but the date come January.

On a case-by-case basis, I’m not convinced that is true…but it makes for good copy. This bitch would prefer that the press focus on the series of lame-duck rancidity Scooter B. and his minions are trying to squirt through as our long national nightmare comes to an end…but I’m not driving the spin bus.

Regarding the much speculated upon selection of Senator Clinton as Secretary of State, that’s the pick that probably inspires “will this lead to change?” speculation for a bitch.

Shit…catch that knee before some body gets hurt!

Mercy.

My concern comes from the difference in diplomatic policy expressed by Clinton and Obama during the campaign. This bitch is looking forward to some serious bridge building and relationship repairing on the international stage and I have to wonder if Senator Clinton can sing someone else’s song. Soloists don’t always blend well in a choir…I’m just saying.

But a bitch recalls the past underestimation of the decision-making skills of Team Obama. For all the talk of the media’s adoration of Obama 2008 during the campaign, a bitch remembers a steady beat of doubt and second-guessing all the way up to the decisive win on Election Day.

The balance between selecting the experienced people needed to make shit happen (and trust a bitch, skills are needed) and the out-of-the-box thinkers needed to make the right shit happen will be daunting to establish and tricky to maintain.

And it is that balance that this bitch is looking for as the transition proceeds and selections continue to be made.

Right now, the puzzle is far from complete...

9 comments:

Me. Here. Right now. said...

Hillary as Sec State? That wouldn't be my first choice - Bill Richardson would have been. But, what else lofty enough for Hillary? Supreme Court? Would never fly.

I'm lovin' the way Obama is having the rumors floated so we get a glimpse and watch it develop.

Lenoxave said...

Amen! I usually lurk here and have been reading your blog for over a year now. I'm LMAO over Missouri and the Gen. Election vote.

I think you hit the nail on the head in your analysis of Obama, Sen. Clinton and the whole political juggernaut.

Unknown said...

Interesting thoughts Shark Fu..and as per your usual very humorous too.

Hillary...she will toe the line I would hope..or refuse the position.

I liked Richardson too...

Anonymous said...

girl , you are a hot mess :) & you gets an amen for every word, every observation and every so called radical thought - again, let the church say amen

Anonymous said...

Am I the only one who thinks this choice is totally insane? How about Barbara Lee an actual person of peace. I mean Hillary is prickly and doesn't have a peaceful bone in her body plus she is married to a man who can't stay out of trouble. And she became Senator of a state that she didn't even live in . How does that happen. She is slim shady as far as I am concerned. This is not going to be good. It rings as incredibly odd. Especailly since Bloomberg, NY's gov now gets to put her replacement into the Senate.

The Bear Maiden said...

Somewhere in a comment on my blog I said that HRC should be Sec of State. I guess around the time he beat her in the primaries and everyone was wondering if he would pick her as VP. And I said she couldn't be VP. But he could give her SecofState. In other words, I'm not surprised.

What amuses me is the vetting process. Now, I'm no politico, but um... they didn't vet her and her hubby's activities for her to run for president? How's that work? Because Bill had to clean up some stuff in order for her to get this position, right? I'm a little confused...

...but I'm not surprised. You keep your friends close, but your enemies you sit them right in front of you. In a very public and well-lit place and you watch their hands and eyes at all times.

Anonymous said...

First time hanging out over here at the A.B.B... I always enjoy a unique and well thought out argument, or just a wild rant.

One thing, our new president was taken care of quite well by the press. The fluff pieces were page one and the critiques were in the back. I have a lot of friends on each side of the isle, and nothing was more eye opening than sitting down with 5 papers in front of us three weekends prior to the election and counting stories for each candidate and calling them positive/negative stories. Our President had a very very nice leg up in one category. It's very real.

Again, I enjoy the site and look forward to coming back again.

Greg

Kerry said...

Anonymous #2, a correction: Bloomberg is NOT the governor of New York. He is the mayor of New York City. David Paterson, the Democratic governor of the state (the lieutenant gov who stepped in after Spitzer stepped in it) will appoint HRC's replacement if necessary, until a special election in 2010.

Shark-Fu said...

To a certain Wade...I regret that your comment was rejected due to the length. Interesting angles, so perhaps you could link to your own blog post? Just a thought!

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...