Friday, August 01, 2008

Primary preparedness…

The Missouri Primary is August 5 and this bitch will be busier than ever right up until those polls close.

Well, more like up until when the polls would be closing if they weren’t being kept open by some court order because someone tried to fuck someone else over and deny them the vote.

Blink.

What?

Shit, this is St. Louis…a bitch is just keeping it real! Poll closing times are basically a guide for the judge or judges who will be handing down the court order or orders that almost always are required here.

Sigh

Anyhoo, a bitch will be canvassing and info. dropping this weekend. My feet are going to hurt like hell, but there’s no better way to get the message out and hear from the masses!

I’m pretty sure I’m scheduled on the phones Monday or maybe that’s more canvassing (wince).

Then Tuesday (Primary Day...yay!) this bitch will be driving my Voter Education students to the polls.

Pause…write reminder to fill Miss Sister Girl Cabrio’s tank…continue.

Anyhoo, tis the season for all things political. See you if I see you…or call you…or slip some information into your mailbox.

And don't forget to vote Tuesday August 5...

6 comments:

Camera Obscura said...

At least the price of gas is dropping a bit, so it doesn't cost an arm and both legs to fill the tank.

Yankee, Transferred said...

Good for you, transporting 'em. You are cool.

The Succulent Dish said...

i'm right across the water with ya. i made sure my ballot was in the mail early. my fist is in the air fo ya, sista.

Gnostic shaman said...

I worked the polls in the Va primary and let me tell you if it wasn't for the tax free 120 dollars I got I never would have gone through that madness.

The Lazy Iguana said...

I am a little confused here.

Primary??? I thought those were all over!

Travis Reems said...

According to Alan Sorkin's "An American President":

"Everybody knows being American isn't easy. America is advanced citizenship. You gotta want it bad, 'cause it's gonna put up a fight."

Good for you for putting up that fight.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...