Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Equal time granted!


Many thanks to the editorial staff of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch for publishing two fantabulous letters to the editor in response to Missouri Right to Life’s disturbing LTE attempt to defend their race-baiting fundraising campaign last week!

The representative from Missouri Right to Life said the organization wants a dialogue with black women. As I said in my letter to the editor, the ends do not justify the means – unless the end goal isn’t really a dialogue but rather to pander to the prejudices of their base and thus raise money by attacking the humanity of black women.

FYI – perpetuating the racist stereotypes that black women are simple minded violent dangerous “loose women” who need to be educated about our simple minded violent dangerous “loose” ways is no way to spark a dialogue.

It has, however, succeeded in sparking my outrage…

…which is always followed by relentless action.

And so I say again – Missouri Right to Life needs to abandon this campaign and cease fundraising by attacking black women.

4 comments:

Denise said...

Signed...and shared. (Emailed, too, to a friend of mine in St. Louis, to forward to everyone she knows there locally also.)

Unknown said...

Signal boosted at Walking Upstream, and petition signed under Real Name.

Unknown said...

And I signed and shared it as well. Thank you.

Kristin said...

Signed and shared. Now to unlock my jaw from being clenched in anger.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...