Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Well shit – it’s my birthday month!


A bitch has been so busy that I forgot my birthday is in February.

That’s just not right!

Longtime readers know that there’s a story behind the forgetting of my birthday.  We celebrated my birthday on the wrong day…the 23rd instead of the 22nd…for the first eleven years of my life.  Apparently my parents were distracted by my birth on top of already having two kids in diapers at home and…well, they were close. I didn’t find out my birthday is on the 22nd until I sent away for my social security card and got a look at my birth certificate. 

Ain’t that some shit?

And now I’ve gone and almost forgotten my birthday my damn self!

Ugh.

Anyhoo – my birthday is February 22nd.

My blog anniversary is the 10th…I think. 

Shit, memory is the first thing to go.

All I want for my birthday is five extra hours in each day…world peace…for the Blues to make the playoffs…and some soul food.

Pause…consider…continue.

Oh, and it’d be cool if folks could get their volunteer on in my honor!

I’d like to urge everyone to take action to protect reproductive healthcare.

And be peaceful…and for the Blues to get their win on in my honor (please, please…fucking please!)…oh, and feel free to feed me too!

Toodles for now!

***logs off to mark birthday on calendar so I don’t forget it…again***

3 comments:

macnow said...

Happy Birthday.

10 years... world needs fighters for truth like you. Appreciate your effort.

Hope this year goes good and your birthday day is just right.

LisaMJ said...

Happy Birthday, Shark Fu!!!!!!! Is that you with the awesome puffy pig-tails with you mouth open?!! TOOO CUTE!!!!!

Colonel de Guerlass said...

Well, you are lucky your birthday is not on a 29th february
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Bougie_du_Sapeur

And thanks for the good readings...

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...