Monday, October 25, 2010

A surgery update, a stress-based rant and some gratitude for the game of ice hockey!

Happy Monday, y’all!

Shall we?

An update…

A bitch’s surgery date has been set. I’m scheduled to go in November 22nd.

Sigh.

Somehow having a date is both comforting and stressful all at the same time.

So much to do…so little time…and damn it all to hell if I’m not gonna miss Thanksgiving feastitude!

Shit.

Anyhoo…

A stress-based rant…

This bitch is pretty sure that I’ve reached my maximum level of stress.

Seriously!

There’s work and the election…the sorta-beagles and their need for affection…my duties as co-guardian for my older brother…getting shit in order prior to my surgery...day-to-day life shit…and the constant stress of knowing that it isn’t healthy to be this fucking stressed.

Fuck a duck!

Mmmmmhmm, I’m at my limit.

Yesterday I found out that one of the tires on Ms. SisterGirl Cabrio needs to be replaced and I damn near broke down and cried.

Shit.

Pause…sip coffee…continue.

Normally, I’d be doing a dance over the fact that three tires are in fine shape…but right now I’m grinding my teeth over that one tire that is fubar.

Sigh.

But thank the gods for NHL hockey!

My adoration of NHL hockey…fed by daily viewing of NHL Center Ice…is my picture on the wall.

See, when I go into the doctor’s office to give a blood sample the nurse always tells me to look at a picture on the wall so I won’t tense up when she stabs…um, err inserts the needle.

Well, this season of NHL hockey is my picture on the wall…my distractitude from all the stress-inducing shit that is this thing called life.

And damn it all if my beloved Blues aren’t playing great and making this bitch proud…so the picture on the wall is looking damn good right now.

Fantabulous.

***logs off to go do work and make a dent in that stress creating to-do list***

6 comments:

KBO said...

I totally feel you. Hang in there, Bitch.

Kelley said...

Some days, it ain't worth gettin' out of bed. We still have to though, so my warmest thoughts and besh wishes to you for your surgery and recovery! As for the rest, I say: vodka cran. ;)

Feel better, Shark Fu!

Rachael said...

You are in my thoughts. I pray for your wellness. Peace, Rachael.

LisaMJ said...

Sorry to hear you are having so much to go through right now. I hope you feel better soon and the surgery goes well. Glad you have hockey to get you through.

Mark said...

Ooooh yeah. I can relate.

Let's see... My sister is jamming on me to take a road trip to Nashville, thus canceling a date and expensive concert with Potentially Long-Term BF and pissing his ass off... thus leading to me needing to reschedule a work shift with my passive-aggressively assholish co-workers... and do even MORE overtime.. mountains of grad-school assignments that will not only have to be done, but done ahead of time.. oh yeah, and a metadata project that kept me busy for hours and forced me to stand up my second date.. a broken chair, a down coat with a hole in it, obnoxious roommates... could anything ELSE go wrong? I don't think I wanna test that hypothesis.

Big hugs. Hopefully soon, life can settle down to a more regulated form of insanity for us both.
xoxoxox
Mark

Food 4 Thought said...

Mondays are usually a pain in the ass. Sorry to hear that yours was extra special. Take a deep breath and keep it moving bitch.

JS

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...