Friday, October 29, 2010

GOTV...


There’s a chill in the air…and I was all warm and comfy and deep in sleep when the alarm went off this morning…but I got my tried ass up because the time has come to get out the vote.

Pause…sip coffee…continue.

I said….

THE TIME HAS COME TO GET OUT THE VOTE!

Wink.

I’m exhausted just like you...and I'm illish from all the pre-surgery iron I’ve been consuming…and stressed the hell out because I got the bill from the hospital for the surgery that hasn’t even happened yet and it’s for more than I make in a freakin’ month (Jesus!!)…

...but fuck all of that.

FUCK IT!

I’m gonna get out the vote for pro-choice and pro-LGBT equality candidates in Missouri up until the polls close Tuesday November 2nd!

Because this shit matters…it always does.


And I'll be damned if that SHAMEFUL shit goes unanswered and unaddressed.

The time has come…

…and a bitch is tapping my energy reserves, BIG TIME!

See ya at a canvass if I don’t talk to you during a phone bank first (wink)!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

God bless you!

That is all.

The Roving Reporter said...

I hope your surgery goes well!

Anonymous said...

This video sums it up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlBOv8m_Xa8&feature=player_embedded

Judy Jeute said...

You know, I come on here, never quite sure what I will find. But it is always a gal who is sticking to her beliefs...and I mean stickin' to them like glue! That makes me proud to "know" you. No matter where people stand, they need to stand firmly and they need to get off their lazy asses and do something about it, not just talk (or type for that matter). Next Tuesday, already!
At the very least, at last it will be the end of all of those shameless (mostly lying) ads; I can go back to watching regular TV.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...