Thursday, January 07, 2010

Ugh...

Gawd, what a fucked up from the floor up day.

The weather is fucked…snow and ice and a deep freeze this bitch suspects comes from the goddess to punish the masses for being out of touch sanctimonious shits.

A company in my home city had an incident of workplace violence that resulted in four people dead (including the gunman) and several people struggling for their lives from gunshot wounds.

The New Jersey state senate indulged in an absolute legislative fail by voting down same-sex marriage because…well, for no damn good reason other than a case of ig’nance and that they could.

News on the health care reform front is…well, it looks like reproductive justice is currently being asked to choose between rancid one way option #1 and rancid another way option #2.

And this bitch is ending the day thinking that the best course of action is to go full on hermit in 2010.

Yep, I said hermit...on some island unreachable except through crazy ass and dangerous as hell transportation.

Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit and another shit.

I just don’t get it.

I don’t!

I can’t understand why anyone would want to deny rights to someone else or hurt someone else or force someone to live as they choose to live.

And I don’t want to understand it.

I don’t want to get that shit…because I think getting it brings a body too close to the rancid insecurity, self hate and violence that lives at the core of it.

Ugh.

Sigh.

Yeah, right now I’m longing for the hermit way.

This longing won’t last.

A bitch suspects that it is based on my current state of extreme weltschmerz.

Jjust as a bitch doesn’t understand folks who find joy in inflicting pain, suffering and denial on others I also don’t understand people who can maintain a state of weltschmerz while others are getting off by pissing in the Corn Flakes of others.

Sigh.

So odds are my hermit dream will have to be put off until my retirement.

Until then, a bitch will continue to find comfort in the joy of NHL hockey (my seats are definitely Center Ice, baby!), the love of my sorta-beagles and my new Cheetos addiction.

Sigh again followed by an exhausted blink and another sigh.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fred and I traveled through a place in North Ontario -- Nippigon -- that seemed idyllic to us. When the civil wars come, who knows? It may find us up there, squatting, figuring out some way to make it go. There are worse places to live out the end of one's days.

Kate said...

"...the best course of action is to go full on hermit in 2010."

I echo this sentiment.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...