Thursday, January 21, 2010

Honesty…

John Edwards has admitted that the baby he said wasn’t his is indeed his.

It made this bitch think of that Billy Joel song Honesty (wink).

If you search for tenderness
It isn't hard to find.
You can have the love you need to live.
But if you look for truthfulness
You might just as well be blind.
It always seems to be so hard to give.

You know, the child that everyone and their dawg thought was his even though he claimed she wasn’t…and even though he went so far as to say the baby was some other man’s child…yeah, that baby!

Honesty is such a lonely word.
Everyone is so untrue.
Honesty is hardly ever heard.
And mostly what I need from you.

Well, Edwards has admitted that he’s the daddy…

I can always find someone
To say they sympathize.
If I wear my heart out on my sleeve.
But I don't want some pretty face
To tell me pretty lies.
All I want is someone to believe.

…and, in doing so, has officially made his personal life into an episode of The Maury Povich show.

Daaaaaamn!

It’s been a long journey toward the land of honesty for Edwards.

Some within the Democratic Party will wince at the realization that they came really close to having Edwards as their presidential nominee with this non-secret secret affair lurking out in the open for any reporter to find.

Honesty is such a lonely word.
Everyone is so untrue.
Honesty is hardly ever heard.
And mostly what I need from you.

Some other folks will shake their heads over Edwards continued denial of paternity and what that says about him as a person.

I can find a lover.
I can find a friend.
I can have security until the bitter end.
Anyone can comfort me
With promises again.
I know, I know.

And some others will take this opportunity to examine the difference between what people present to the world and what they really are about…you don’t know someone until you know someone and even then you probably don’t know someone and that shit is super true for politicians.

When I'm deep inside of me
Don’t be too concerned.
I won't as for nothin' while I'm gone.
But when I want sincerity
Tell me where else can I turn.
Because you're the one I depend upon.

But this bitch is going to take this opportunity to do a little sex education work.

Honesty is such a lonely word.

I recently wrote about the media’s relative silence regarding allegations that Tiger Woods had unprotected sex while getting his infidelity on in an article for RH Reality Check. Now we have John Edwards admitting that he fathered a child through a sexual relationship he had while married.

Everyone is so untrue.

I do not know if Edwards and his lover used a condom…but, if they did, something went wrong because at some point sperm met egg.

Now, some may watch the press chew on this latest revelation and think that this scandal that just keeps on scandalizing is the worst thing that could ever happen to a family.

But all this drama ain’t shit compared to the real health risks of unprotected sex…and the specific health risks of unprotected sex with multiple partners, one of whom may or may not know that unprotected sex with multiple partners is happening.

Honesty is hardly ever heard.
And mostly what I need from you.

Pause…consider…continue.

I’m guessing that it’s too much to ask for Edwards to pose for the cover of In Touch under the headline “I should have used protection!”

…but I bet Rielle Hunter could score one under the headline “I’m glad I chose life!

Blink.

4 comments:

Kelley said...

I wonder if he'll call Liss at Shakesville now and apologize to her for his 2007 telephone lecture to her during the primary regarding the "inappropriateness" of her language when she wasn't even yet employed by his campaign (and ultimately wasn't hired).

Ethically challenged, hypocritical asshat.

Unknown said...

Okay, so he's a shit with respect to relationships. He was still a lot better than many options (...especially Republican options) politically.

When are we going to stop them from using this ploy to shut us and our causes down? And the sad thing is, we take the shame for it. Our candidates weren't good enough, we readily admit.

But when their candidates are caught doing shit -- worse shit! -- they get a pass. Know why? Because they don't react the way the Democrats do upon hearing that one of their candidates is all-too-human. They're all in the same tent, pissing out. They have their eye on the objective.

Sadly, they know we're easily distracted. And worse, expect our candidates to be perfect.

That's our weakness, and they've been successfully exploiting it for more than 10 years.

We can't afford to let them continue to do so. There's too much hanging in the balance. We need to take back our Clintons, our Spitzers, and our Edwards. We need to look them in the eye and say, "you know, that's terrible -- but it's also personal, and none of our business."

The thing is, we can't continue to allow these freaks to use the best of us against ourselves. They did that with the Republican party, and now they've taken over the Republican party. Love 'em or hate 'em, what is called "Republican" is not the same thing now as it was 40 years ago.

Now they're going to roll right over the whole US. Stopping them means keeping your eye on them and what they're doing, and not allowing them to turn our focus on our less-than-perfect selves.

This is a critical moment in history. This is a time when we must demonstrate the self-discipline to determine our own fate -- and not let it be decided for us. It will be an uphill battle, for sure. But we must get as many onboard as possible.

What do we want? Let's not be distracted.

Peace.

chicago dyke said...

creeeepy! that palin bit, i mean. "we" are glad "we" chose "life?" wtf? um, my mother has never been a part of my reproductive choices, not for years now. since i was a mid teen, even. ick.

Anonymous said...

Joyful C- you are so right. I will continue to keep my eyes on the objectives. Thanks.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...