Thursday, June 23, 2016

Why Political Platforms Must Center the Most Marginalized People

I just have to share SisterSong Women of Color Reproductive Justice Collective Executive Director Monica Simpson’s speech before the Democratic National Convention Platform Drafting Committee on June 17.

Monica is such a gift to the movement.

And I stand with her and SisterSong in this demand.

Folk can also check out Rewire’s reprint of Monica’s remarks: Why Political Platforms Must Center the Most Marginalized People


1 comment:

dinthebeast said...

Thank you for that video. Monica Simpson is a powerful and intelligent speaker "...and we vote..." and it's always good to hear my congresswoman (who we just elected with almost 80% of the vote in the primary) Barbara Lee tell the truth about the difference between the parties.

-Doug in Oakland

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...