Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving feastitude preparedness…

Hi all!

I’m on vacation from all things this week including the internets (mostly)…but I wanted to take a moment for my annual Thanksgiving Feastitutde Preparedness post.

Last year…on this very day…I was having surgery. Trust that I am very thankful for a fantabulous recovery and the help and love of family and friends.

This year I’m heading to Kentucky to visit my Blog Father, Brother Rob Thurman, at his farm (hooray)!

I’m not cooking the feast solo this time…just my Corn Casserole Yumminess…but I’ll also need my copy of Ordinary People (a Thanksgiving tradition and yes, I know that’s kind of creepy but fuck it I never claimed that my ass isn’t bent) and lots and lots of vodka followed by cran.

Happy, happy to all y’all!

Be safe…be outrageous…be well…

3 comments:

Bridget Bufford said...

Have a great holiday! I read your corn casserole recipe and the following comments, and then laughed when I came to the question "When did black folks start eating casseroles, especially in St. Louis?". I'm a white former St. Louisan and my mother advised me not to bring green bean casserole to a potluck, because a black friend of hers said that only white people eat green bean casserole.

The places races take us...

bevskid1 said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. I'm thankful that you blog about fun and political f*%kery!

Pareidolalia said...

Someone beat me to it, but it's still true: I'm thankful to have Shark-Fu as a role model of principled bitchitude.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...