Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Lemongrass…

Lemongrass is the new gold…

Blink.

…and the inaugural is now history.

Let’s jump right on into the first 100 days, shall we?

President Obama will meet with military advisors today to discuss halting the trials at Gitmo and closing the detainee program down.

The Obama Administration is expected to issue executive orders to repeal the Global Gag Rule and limits on stem cell research.

And the administration is set to host a fiscal responsibility summit next month to address the growth of Medicare and Social Security.

Cough.

Mercy, a bitch is still relishing the joy of watching Scooter B. and the minions fly off into the sunset…thank the gods…and we’re already off to the races.

Buckle up, chil’ren!

Change Boulevard may be a road worthy of travel but it is sure to be bumpy as a motherfucker…

9 comments:

cheapblueguitar said...

That last sentence made me nearly choke on my toast.

Anonymous said...

Hey, bumpy ride or not, I am so ready!! Go Obama!!

Unknown said...

Haven't stopped smiling since 9am pacific yesterday.

I realize the magnitude of the job, and I hope people give him time...and contribute. Saw a commercial this morning of Obama touting service to country.

Anonymous said...

I wondered if today you might change the base URL of this blog to:

happyblackbitch.blogspot.com

But I guess there is still some conflict to expect. Yes, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

Holly said...

I watched as much of the telecast yesterday as I could between phone calls (I was working). I especially loved that he stumbled a little, made me smile as it was obvious how emotional he was right then. I also loved the fact that right after the oath taking, he took a few seconds of time for a quiet moment with his eyes closed.

I am buckled up and r-e-a-d-y setgo!

Anonymous said...

Hillary is in.... ?

Anonymous said...

It's funny how the bumpy ride of the Obama Administration is far more comforting to me than being in an NYC Medallion.

Unknown said...

transparency...
bookmark it and watch...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/

Shark-Fu said...

Jimbo...

LOL! There's still plenty to be angry about...trust a bitch.

Alas, I do not join the chorus of those who think all that ills this nation was cured by the inauguration of President Obama.

It was a good day, but bitchitude shall continue until the trifling are truly defeated!

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...