My older brother Bill has tested positive for COVID-19. For those that don't know, Bill is autistic and lives in a group home near us. My sister and I are co-guardians. We have been social distancing since March to try to protect him, but ... yeah.
So, some folk are asking how they can help. Here are some options, and thank you in advance.
1) Purchase items off of the Amazon wishlist. (note: for the thermometer, you will have to manually input Easterseals Midwest's address - see #2)
2) Make masks for direct care staff. They need 250. Let us know how many you’re sending and when you’re mailing them!
11933 Westline Industrial Drive
St. Louis, MO 63146
Attn: Tom Barry re: Cloth Masks
3) Donate $25 to Easterseals Midwest. Donate here.
4) If you have a hook up for cleaning supplies (disinfectant, alcohol) please advise. They need lots of 409, Lysol Kitchen and Bath, Clorox Wipes, Alcohol (isopropyl, not Smirnoff) for dozens of group homes in the community.
5) Continue to practice social distancing, wear a mask and wash your hands!
Prayers, magic, positive thoughts, and healing energy are all welcome. We ask that you also lift up the amazing homecare workers who are providing excellent care in the midst of truly terrifying conditions. If we get feedback on what those workers need for support, I will share it on this blog.
It’s gonna take a village. Thank y'all for being part of mine.
i am running into a new year and the old years blow back like a wind that i catch in my hair like strong fingers like all my old promises an...
Okay, so most of you know that this bitch has some evil assed fibroids . Most of them were successfully murdered with full premeditation se...
A bitch is annoyed. Since my ass strives to keep it very real at all times... The Current Rules for Comments on a Bitch’s Blog A bitch ador...
My 24 hours of depressed wallowfication are over. Long live bitchitude! Y’all know what? It’s time for some bitchfirmations. Note to new...