Thursday, January 30, 2014

RIP Betsey the Sorta-Beagle...

It is my sad duty to report that Betsey the sorta-beagle, my beloved pet-companion for over a decade, passed away yesterday morning.

She was 15 years old.

Longtime readers will remember Betsey as a badass bundle of joy who often kept me centered when all things were anything but balanced.

Our house is a little too quite without the click of her nails on the floor, the strangely soothing rhythm of her loud as hell snoring while napping, or the sharp clap of her outraged bark when the mail comes through the slot.

She will be dearly missed.

If you are so inclined, please donate to Stray Rescue of St.Louis in her honor.

Adopting a rescue dawg was one of the best decisions I ever made in life...and I encourage anyone who is considering adding a pet to your family to do the same.  Betsey was two years old when she joined our family and, since she was far from perfect, she fit right in!

Many thanks to the wonderful staff at Hillside Animal Hospital for their loving care and support over the years and during Betsey's final moments.

And special thanks to my sister C-Money for everything.

Rest in peace, happiness, and endless joy, Betsey the sorta-beagle!


Forever in my heart...always.

14 comments:

mb. said...

I am so sorry about the dog-shaped hole in your life.

Emily said...

I am so sorry for your loss. May Betsey's memory be for a blessing. *hugs*

Rah Bickley said...

Dear Shark-FU,
I'm so sorry about Betsey.
Rah Bickley in Durham NC

Anonymous said...

Deepest sympathies for your loss..
David in Calgary

Susan Feinberg said...

blessings Pamela, my heart is with you & your wonderful family. been reading u for years, lost my sis in '05, & got a kitty rescue ... feelin' ya

DesertRose said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Fifteen years is a good long life for a dawg, but it's far too short for the human companions left behind.

bgb808 said...

I'm so sorry to read that Betsey has passed on. She was such a lucky girl to have been with you! Light and love to all who remember her.

Mommie Dammit said...

My complete sympathies to you, Pam, and my admiration for being able to write a coherent post. Call me a sucker for a furry face - and yes, I most definitely am - but I'm always a total mess when I lose one of my four-legged children.
When you're ready, I wish you the best of luck with your new "baby". Humans are not meant to go without pup- or puss-ervision for very long. I ought to know, I seem to require 3 pusservisiors to keep me out of trouble.
Love and a big hug,
Mommie Dammit
...and Tiggami, Baal, Tima.

leota2 said...

So sorry about Betsey. . . . .
She will live on is sorta beagle infamy--

Joe Wright said...

My deepest sympathies

catnmus said...

So very sorry for your loss of Betsey. It's apparent from your posts that you loved her very much. She'll always be with you.

Unknown said...

Dear Shark-FU,
I'm so sorry about Betsey.
Rah Bickley in Durham NC
:(
Poeme d'amour

J said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. We 'rescued' Genevieve at the ripe old age of 4, back in 2004. She was the most grateful, sweet, loving dog ever. I put 'rescued' in quotes, because really, she rescued us, on a small, daily basis. It's been over 2 years now, and I miss her every day.

Please know that the pain gets less intense, but you will never stop missing your baby girl

Fotoselli Blog said...

I'm so sorry about Betsey.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...