Tuesday, February 12, 2013

State of the Union 2013 Preparedness…

Let’s jump right on in, shall we?


President Obama will give the State of the Union address tonight…and I’ll be watching.  As with all political addresses, I need some stuff to help me get through this shit.

Yummification…

I’ll be preparing some lamb and potato with onion…because I recently watching The Silence of the Lambs and now I’ve got a craving.

What?

I never claimed to be right in the head.

Anyhoo, I also plan to have some ice cream on hand just in case I need to soothe my soul after a public display of no home training shout from [insert conservative with no home training, an upside down view of the facts, and a voice that carries here].

Onward…

Notepad and writing instrument…

I’m a doodler during political speechification, so I always have something to write on.  Also, I need to take notes for my post State of the Union recap!

Beverages…

After a couple of unfortunate incidents of extreme intoxication in my couch-based area (wince), I no long play drinking games during the State of the Union.

Pause…think back to the “September 11” reference drinking games of the Bush II administration…shudder.

But I shall indulge in more than a couple vodka + cran + ice libations…cause that’s the official drink up here in my lair.

Music…

I can’t remember the last time I needed music for a political address, but recent comments by Nicole Wallace have made it clear that I need to dust off my Tupac to properly interpret the Republican Response from a certain Senator Marco Rubio.

Has anyone told Marco that delivering the Republican Response is the political equivalent of winning the Best New Artist Grammy?

Blink.

Oh well, if Rubio's response sucks as bad as Governor Jindal’s did (and it did…it really, really did) at least I’ll be jamming to some good music.

Toodles!

***logs off the prepare to speak truth to power at a reproductive health Lobby Day in Jefferson City***

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what music did you jam to with Rubio? Repubicans need to get their shit together.... :/

marco said...

what IS NEVER,EVER THROWN BACK IN THE REPIGLICUNTS FACES,IS,UNDER BUSH,AND A HOUSE AND SENATE BOTH MAJORITY REPUBLICAN,we amassed the greatest debt,in 200+years,actually,THE GREATEST KNOWN DEBT IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE GODDAM WORLD,IN EIGHT YEARS 13 TRILLION,WE MURDERED,YES,MURDERED 5,000 KIDS IN A ""ILLEGAL WAR OF LIES,FAKE WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION,AND BUSH THE PIG HIMSELF TELLING US OF ""URANIUM FROM NIGERIA"'SADDAM MAKING NUCLEAR BOMBS,THE LYING PIG FUCKER,NOW IT GETS BETTER,UNDER THOSE BUSH EIGHT YEARS,OUR JOBS IN OUR NATION GREW AT THE SLOWEST,WORST RATE IN 200+YEARS,WHY DOESN'T SOME JOURNALIST ASK THESE QUESTIONS WHEN THE REPUBLICUNTS GO ""OBAMA SPENDIN TOO UM,MUCH,WE'RE FOR EH,LESS SPENDING,LESS GOVT"WHY DON'T PEOPLE GE REAL,THIS IS THE FUCKING TRUTH,OUR JOBS IN EIGHT YEARS WENT OVER TO CHINA,MEX,ECT,THAT'S WHAT REPUBLICANS DO.LIE,AND FAVOR THE EXTREME WEALTHY.NOW THE GODDAM PIGS SCREAM ABOUT ""FOUR KILLED IN LIBYA",WELL,THAT'S SAD MAN,BUT COMPARED TO 13 TRILLION,5,000 KIDS MURDERED,80.000 WOUNDED FOR LIFE,THEY OUTTA FUCKIN NEVER,EVER VOTE FOR THESE STINKY DICKHEADS,AND THINK,THINK,OF THE PARENTS OF THOSE DIED IN IRAQ,WHAT THE FUCK FOR,LIKE VIETNAM,FOR NOTHING,BUT OH,"OBAMA AND THE FOUR IN LIBYA",HOW DO THESE FUCKERS EVER DARE OPEN THEIR MOUTHS WHEN THEY KILLED THOUSANDS,AND LIED ""WEAPONS OF MASS DECEPTION",AND 200,000 IRAQI ALSO
W

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...