Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Another day, another opportunity to lobby for reproductive justice...

Gawd, what the hell did people do before coffee?

Shudder.

Anyhoo, this bitch is up at the break of dawn and getting ready to head to Jefferson City Missouri to lobby legislators.

Lobbying is critical.  For every one of my core values, there are folks who disagree who are sharing their opinion with legislators.  If I had a dollar for every time I’ve heard a legislator say that their district thinks this or believes that or supports whatever…and more often than not my data obsessed ass knows that the truth is quite different…I’d be set for life.

But we the people are too often silent.

The thing is, the public square isn’t.

There are plenty of loud as hell folks who claim to represent the will of the people and who are trying to legislate reproductive rights away in state after state.

Yeah, lobbying is critical as hell.

So I’m headed to Jefferson City...again...to make sure my voice is heard!

Toodles for now…

5 comments:

Joy said...

thanks for getting your lobby on, Shark-Fu! You are an inspiration, and I hope at least a few of the fine folks of Missouri realize how damn lucky they are to have an activist like you in their midst.

Peterr said...

Gawd, what the hell did people do before coffee?

Make coffee.

Good luck educating the Good People of the legislature, Shark-fu!

Irony Lover said...

Would be interested to get your thoughts on Oklahoma's new legislation, HB 2656. This article pretty much sums up my opinion.

Shark-Fu said...

Thanks for the link! I'm actually too angry to write about Oklahoma yet...but I'll check the article out.

Mercy!

Shark-Fu said...

Thanks for the link! I'm actually too angry to write about Oklahoma yet...but I'll check the article out.

Mercy!

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...