Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Celebrating 5 years of practicing the fine art bitchitude!

A bitch is celebrating the five-year anniversary of this damn blog today!

Pause…listen to applause and shouts of joy (wink)…continue.

Mmmhmm, that’s five years of this bitch practicing the fine art of bitchitude online.

It’s hard to believe that five years have passed since Brother Rob Thurman gave me a blog as a birthday present (my birthday is actually on the 22nd)…and this has been the gift that keeps on gifting. Many thanks and oodles of appreciation to Brother Rob for a fabillion trillion things, including the gift of online bitchitude!

Anyhoo, longtime readers know that this bitch adores the month of February. My blog anniversary and my birthday both fall in this month…plus TCM runs all of those classic Oscar winning films that I can capture through the magic of TiVo. Hell yes, February is all that with a pepper on the side!

I don’t ask for personal presents…though I’m tempted since my ass is broke (wince).

Pause…offer up lamentations to the gods of personal finances…continue.

Instead, I’d like for folks to please donate to organizations that I support and/or do my volunteer work with…trust a bitch, even a small donations goes a long way to making a real difference in the lives of so many people.

This month (yeah, yeah I know I’m late in posting this shit…shit)…ahem…this February I’m gonna ask y’all to dig into your pocketbooks and support some worthy organizations.

This week’s organization is SAGE Metro St. Louis!

SAGE Metro St. Louis is new to St. Louis…and very much in need. SAGE is dedicated to serving the needs of LGBT older adults in our community. From support groups, care-giver support and social events…referrals for services by open and accepting providers, community education and advocacy…and so much more – SAGE is there to meet needs too long left unaddressed in the community.

So, I’m asking y’all to support the work of SAGE…give as you can and if you are so moved – know that I truly appreciate whatever you can do!





Thank you for helping me get my blog anniversary celebration on.

Thank you for reading a bitch’s posts.

And thank you for keeping it real and practicing the fine art of bitchitude your damn selves!

21 comments:

Sapforhire said...

applause and shouts of joy.

And many more.

Nicole said...

Happy Blogiversary! You have a gift that has helped so many women become vocal and aware about so many things. Keep on keeping on!

Delux said...

Has it really been five years?

Wow.

David J said...

Happy Blog Birthday! Any blog with a birthday of February 10th must obviously be incredibly wise and generally awesome!

Why yes it is my birthday too ;)

But seriously, congrats on keeping it going for 5 years. I'm finding your blog really valuable to get a point of view I otherwise wouldn't here in Australia. Hope you're able to keep going for many years yet.

Thomas said...

Congrats! I've nominated your blog for the Kreativ Bloggers Award! Keep on tellin' it!

Alex said...

You make the world a better place for women and everyone who has a soul... thank you :)

Anonymous said...

Happy 5 Years! Thanks for doing what you do! :)

Laura said...

I was just out blog hopping and came upon you! :)
Happy Blog Anniversary AND Birthday!
All the best. :)

((Hugs))
Laura

Rob F said...

Congratulations on the Anniversary, Shark-fu!

Kit (Keep It Trill) said...

What a lovely milestone. Cheers!

IseultTheIdle said...

Aw, happy bird-dog to you! February is my birthday month as well. Cheers!

fi said...

happy anniversary!!
my favorite christmas present this year is my "acceptably black" coffee mug. mmmmmm not only is the coffee just that much sweeter but its a gift that keeps on giving. as do you.
thank you
fi aka irrate black lesbian- lol

Suzanne said...

happy blogiversary abb

Anonymous said...

Happiest of blogaversaries til the next one!!

And I learned a new word today, "fabillion"...as we say in ElJayland-"will credit" (as least once) if using.

I always learn something to enrich my neurons over here.

Thanks for the bloggywords!

NativeNYker said...

Happy Birthday Bitch! Aint no one else deserve more accolades...

& Please consider the Center for HIV Law and Policy for your list of worthy orgs in need.

xo
NativeNYker
Rants, Thoughts & Merde

TiG said...

Oh Happy Day!! =)

CONGRATS!!

IsabelWGBH said...

Are you interested in issues facing the African American community? If so, tune into the PBS show Basic Black, the longest running show addressing people of color on television. Watch TONIGHT at 7:30 p.m EST LIVE at www.basicblack.org or on channel 2 in Boston. You can also participate in a live chat at basicblack.org starting at 4 pm.

landismom said...

Happy Blogiversary! Five years ago must have been a banner time for blog-starting :).

Miss Trudy said...

Happy Bitchiversary, Shark Fu!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! By speaking your truth so eloquently you give us all permission to find our own voices. (Plus, I agree with a bitch's opinions. That doesn't hurt.) Congratulations and Happy Best Month!

P.S. Damn that moron Mayer for spoiling all those perfectly good make-out songs.

Yankee, Transferred said...

How did I miss this? Happy belated bloggy birthday. You have made me laugh, cry, and pound my fist on the table in anger over your reports. I love you for all of this. Your blog is one of my favorite reads. Thank you for all your words of wisdom...and humor...and righteous indignation.
YT

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...