Friday, December 11, 2009

By request – what a bitch wants for Chrismakwanzika…

Hi y’all!

A certain Maggie from Thunder Bay Ontario (what’s up, Canada?!? A bitch loves y'all like cold fried chicken at 3 o'clock in the morning!) sent this bitch a message asking how she can send me a holiday gift.

Well, shit.

Thanks for thinking of me!

All I want for Chrismakwanzika is…

…for folks to get their volunteer on in their community and support organizations that are doing good.

Oh, don't get me wrong...I lust after a lot of gift-based things.

I want them...really want them...would jump up and down and then do a dance if I got them...but I don't need them.

Sigh.

Seriously though...if you are so inclined...

You can support the work I do with Planned Parenthood affiliates in Missouri - show some love here!

And I also work with SAGE, an organization that provides services and advocacy to LGBT elders, here in St. Louis.

Oh, and I volunteer at PROMO (Missouri’s statewide LGBT equality organization).

Oh, oh...and a bitch is a huge fan of Lydia’s House and the amazing work that they do with abused women and children.

If you are in the St. Louis area and have time, give the gift of volunteering to Planned Parenthood of the St. Louis Region...Food Outreach (they provide nutritional support to people with HIV/AIDS and cancer) and/or Stray Rescue of St. Louis (they saved the life of my dawg-niece Sweetie and have also rescued so many other fantabulous animal companions waiting for an adoptive home)!

All these fantabulous organizations could use money...and in-kind donations...and volunteers.

Give what you can if you can when you can.

This holiday season and throughout the year, I hope we call remember that the best gift of all is when we give our passion, time and energy.

The inspiration I get from the work all y’all do every day to make this world a better place is priceless...

...and a gift that keeps on giving.

With it, I am empowered to do the same in my community.

For that, I thank you from the roots of my fierce bitchitude infused Afro!

7 comments:

Assrot said...

Here's one for you. The exalted one has put the smack down on all CEO's that ran their company in the ground while collecting 8 figure salaries.

Obama Smackdown

Can I get a "Hell Yeah"?

Joe

Unknown said...

Right fucking on ABB! Volunteering your time rocks.

Miss Trudy said...

You are a wonderful person and your message is very uplifting and enlightening.

Rachael said...

Shark-Fu, you used to chat up Habitat in St. Louis. It's not on your list. I'd like to donate to a charity of your preference. I'll chose one on this list instead. Ok with you?

I love your big heart.

Unknown said...

red creoss here i come

lady di

Shark-Fu said...

Thank you so much Rachael! I still support Habitat St. Louis even though I have not been able to participate in a build this year. Now, more than ever, Habitat St. Louis is doing good work and needs support - thanks for reminding me!

Unknown said...

I shall pick one of yours and one of mine.

Thank you and bless you for all that you do Shark Fu.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...